Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's Dream Scheme Thursday!!

I don't know what happened last week, I lost Thursday......

This week we have a "Sketch" theme.

This is the sketch. It can be interpreted any way you want. Your finished project should have the same (or very similar) lines that follow the sketch.

So here's my interpretation:

I LOVE these little owls!!
These are the steps I followed to create this card:
*Dry emboss owls into Core'dinations paper
*File off brown layer with an emery board. I pushed fairly hard.
*Outline the image with fine tip markers
*Paint the owls with irridescent watercolor paints.

*Assemble as shown

It's hard to see the color, but it came out very shimmery. I tell you I have such a better respect for Still Life Photographers! Getting lighting right to show an image at it's best is something I have not mastered, but will keep trying.

Hope you enjoyed today's idea, make sure you visit the rest of the Dream Team to see their take on the sketch.

Any questions, would love to hear from you!

9 comments:

  1. love your card and love the owls too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cute little owls! I really enjoy seeing all the Dream Team contributions to today's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet Terrece, those little owls are one of my favorite stencils from the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really LIKED your sketch Terrece, thanks for that! Your card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great technique...I would never have thought of doing it that way, but it really looks drawn on the paper, and the outline of the stencil edges because of the dry embossing and co-ordinations paper, Cooool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job T and I loved your sketch. Hope your feeling better. THis card is really cute, I love the owls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very innovative Terrece!!! Thanks for a great sketch today!! I hope you have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool effect by sanding the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Good job on the sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete