I decided to try something totally different for Valentine's Day. I wanted something three dimensional so here is what I came up with.....
I used stencil LL3010. Dry embossed it 4 times. Dusted red ink over the top of each one. Then cut out the center with an exacto knife and the outer edge with scissors. Score down the center of each heart.
I used the nestability classic oval to cut the ovals in the card and matts. Take a piece of embroidery floss or four strands of thread and tape to card front centering over open oval.
Apply double stick tape on the back of the four hearts, fold them in half and attach them to each other over string. Punch out four small hearts and attach to string in the same way inside center of large hearts.
Attach the print and solid matts to the card front. Be careful not to catch any of the hearts under the matts. Hope you like the finished result.
Now its time to "Hop" from blog to blog, be sure to leave some Valentine "love" in the form of comments at each blog you visit. There are more than 19 companies giving away some awesome Valentine blog candy. Taylor Usry's Blog is a place to find out all about these giving companies. So if you want to continue on with a hop to another participants blog, hop over to Taylor's blog for the list. The more blogs you visit and the more comments you leave the more chances you have to win. These opportunities will continue through Thursday at 6:00 PM. Taylor will randomly choose the winners for the prizes. Now, take your time the next few days and enjoy the Hop! Remember you have until 6:00 PM Thursday evening to leave some comments.
OOPS! I read the wrong list and the next person after me is really Liz Martin. Make sure you don't miss her, she is a fellow Dreamweaver design team member and I know her work is fantastic!!! Then after Liz is...
The next blog you will visit is Kim Reid
Here is the list of the designers on our Dream Team who are playing along this week:
Kristi Van Doren
Remember if you get lost or are wondering where to go next you can always go back to Taylor Usry's blog to find out about the other blogs to visit and pictures of the blog candy to be won. Here is a list of the companies and the fun things you could win:
- StampInsanity - with a set of choice for one winner
- Dreamweaver Stencils - gift pack (see Dream it Up blog for picture)
- Meljens designs - 4 digis to one winner
- Pixie Dust Studio - 2 digis to one winner
- Lizzie Anne Designs - $10 gift certificate
- Christian Paper Crafts - 1 year general membership
- Paper Pretties - 3 total winners: 1 person will receive Timeless Love stamp set; 2 people will receive 5 digis of their choice from the store
- Karber Digital Images - 2 digis to one winner
- Di's Digi Downloads - 5 digi images to one winner
- The Scrappychick Boutique - 2 6x6 Cosmo Cricket paper pads to one winner
- Stampendous - 4 cling rubber stamps from new release to 1 winner
- Pink Cat Studio - 5 digis of winner's choice to one winner
- Amber Ink - $10 gift certificate (and more if people use an Amber Ink product - see deets on their blog)
- Simply Betty Stamps - 3 digis of the winner's choice
- Mark's Finest Papers - set of their choosing to the winner
- Dreamweaver's Stencils - a couple stencils, pearlescent embossing paste and a palette knife
- Chi Chi Memories - Meaning of Love Digi Stamp Set to one winner (new addition)
- Little Potato House - $20 gift certificate (new addition)
- Kenny K digis: 4 digis to one winner (AND: 2 digis to anyone who uses a Kenny K image for their hop card) (new addition)
- Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: winners choice of 2 images