Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dream Scheme Thursday

Okay, I don't know who did it or how they did it but.........someone has stolen all the Thursdays in my calender. No wonder I've been missing our Thursday deadlines!!!

Well I thought it made a clever excuse............ Anywho,

This week is colorway challenge. Dream team member Kim Parkinson, chose the colors blue, brown and cream. I really like these colors together.

Ever since Lynell of Dreamweaver Stencils, posted a "chocolate bunny" card on her blog, I've been wanting to make one. So I did. I think this would be a good Easter Card for a man.

I started with an A-6 brown card. Cut a navy blue matt for the front of the card. Cut a strip of cream cardstock. I assembled these two piece with double stick tape to front of card.

I then stenciled (added color to paper through a stencil with pigment ink and a stencil brush) the bunny in brown on cream cardstock. Clean stencil, I used a paper towel. I let the image. sit for approx 10 minutes just so the ink would sink into the paper. Then I repositioned the stencil over the image, taped the stencil down with removable tape and applied pearlescent stencil paste.

Once this had dried, I attached the image to a navy blue matt, then to a brown matt and attached to my card front with foam mounting tape.

Last, I punched three squares; two brown, one navy, and attached on the diagonal to the cream strip of paper. Ta-dah....my little chocolate bunny.

Hope you all give this color challenge a try. Don't forget to visit my sister Dreamteam designers blogs for more ideas using this color scheme. Until next week.......

1 comment:

  1. Oooooohh and Ahhhhh, great card for chocolate lovers everywhere Terrece! I am looking forward to your next creation.

    ReplyDelete