Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's Dream Scheme Thursday

I hate when the perfect idea or sample is right in front of my face and it takes hours to see it.

I have a class this weekend with an "Easter/All Occasion Card" theme. One of the cards is using the mini bunny stencil LS1007. Another card is using an adaption of this weeks sketch pattern. I'd been staring at them all morning, when the light bulb came on! Yeah! I combined the two to get this weeks challenge card:
First I mixed Red Glossy Paste with Yellow Matte Paste to get my red/orange bunny. Orange Glossy paste would have been much easier but I didn't have any AND I like the way my mix came out better for this project. I cut the bunny out and outlined his head with a glitter pen.

I also colored over the verse with glitter pen. It doesn't really show in the pictures.
This card came out so well, it's going to go to my parents for Easter. Try this weeks sketch, it's very versatile. For more ideas, make sure you check out my fellow dream teamers blogs.

6 comments:

  1. This turned out so cute! Great job Terrece, the wait for the light bulb was definately worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sideways turn on this and the interior Happy Easter. A really good job, Terrece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good things come to those that wait and this was well worth the wait. Everything came together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Split card configuration is done beautifully! Love the bunny with those background papers too.
    Lynell (writing from my bros. comp)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. What fun colors for Easter. Not the usual candy colors. Loving that orange bunny and the card layout. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete