Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dream Scheme Thursday (and I'm late)

I was out of town for a week and you would think it had been a month for as behind as I've become!!!

This week the Dream Scheme is a color challenge from team member Kristi. I love the colors she picked so it made coming up with an idea easy.

The color challenge is Yellow and Teal.

This is my interpretation:

I wanted each layer to have both colors on it. So I started with the bright yellow cardstock and the LX7001 Damask background stencil. I added Splendor bright blue ink (which looks teal on the yellow). Then on a light teal color cardstock I used the same stencil and added bright yellow Splendor ink. Then I flipped it so the design was going the opposite direction of the first yellow cardstock mat.

The owls were pasted with Yellow Matte Paste on dark teal cardstock. Once dry I repositioned the stencil over the image and added a bit of bright blue ink on the owls and branch. Finally I added a bit of bling on the eyes with teal jewels.

Next time I think I'll add teal glitter on the owls where I had stenciled the color for some more sparkle!

Check out the other members of the Dream Team so get more ideas of how to use Yellow and Teal. Everyone did very different types of cards - don't miss any of them!

See you here again next week for more inspiration with Dreamweaver Stencils!

7 comments:

  1. maybe late but super cute! love the little owls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to play along! I love that owl stencil. Think I need to pull it out and play with it. They look cute in yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The owls are so cute, but the background blocks really set them off. Great idea and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layering Terrece and the variations of the colors make it extra striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun use of the colors and stencils

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, Terrece. I would never have used the damask with the cute owls, but it really works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm...LOVE that damask background!!

    ReplyDelete