Every holiday season (except one) I have gone home for the holidays. We sit around the fire and watch the snow. So this week I decided to use LG739 Stockings by the fire:
This one was a bit time consuming, but the results were worth it!
1) Paste fire and the andirons with white matt paste on cream paper, let dry.
2) Trace socks on both printed paper (I used wrapping paper) and white paper, cut out. **Yes I know mine came out backwards, watch that when you try yours**
3) Paste the andirons again with silver paste, let dry.
4) Stencil fire with pigment inks.
5) Cut a rectangle out of brown paper (for the fireplace) and sponge color around edge.
6) Place paper with fire on it behind fireplace, cut off excess.
7) Cut of sock toe on the traced white pieces, glue to decorative paper as shown.
8) Cover white sock tops with glue and white flock.
9) Cut out silver andirons. Attach with double stick tape.
10) Attach socks to top of fireplace, glue bead at top.
Now it's your turn.
So, to get into the holiday spirit a little early, link your own Christmas in August creations to the Dream It Up! blog mr. linky, or email pics of your creations to email@example.com, for an opportunity to win this wonderful newly released Heart Ornaments:
Don't you just love this new design? There are several newly released stencils and products from CHA last month, which you can view for yourself HERE. During the week of August 20th - 25th, the Dream Team will be posting all week with a hop on Saturday to top it all...featuring all of these new fabulous designs...in collaboration with the Woodware UK team. Just a little hint...you may want to buy all of these new designs now, so you are ready and waiting for the inspiration that will come your way that week! Meanwhile, check out what the rest of the team has been creating this week: