Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dream Scheme Thursday

Hey everyone,
This week I went a bit off subject. There's still green in it but.......I decided to do something REALLY simple.
First start out with the new Mushrooms Stencil LL3025

I started with a pre-embossed card, then outlined the stencil with a stylus to create a second embossed border. Emboss the image with a stylus and light box.
Next, stencil color onto the image with pigment ink and stencil brushes. Once finished, sprinkle gold embossing powder only on the tops of the mushrooms. I actually painted on some gold embossing ink over the tops and covered them with embossing powder, then brushed off what I didn't want.
So my green this week is in the grass. Check out the other blogs and make sure to participate so you can enter to win the stencils shown last week. We love seeing new ideas. Till next week............

11 comments:

  1. Love the idea of adding the gold EP to the mushroom tops. It really adds dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is beautiful T, I love what you did with the embossing powder. I think there's a leprechan hiding behind one of those mushrooms. Great job as usual my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been so nervous about embossing powders over the paste. I don't want to ruin my paste. You did a fabulous job!!! I love it!!! The gold is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it a lot. The mushrooms are GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Terrece, I love the gold embossing powder and the texture it gives the caps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the golden mushroom caps - it gives them an extra pop of texture. And the double borders - very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple but beautiful and a very technique-y card! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrece, you did a great job at keeping the mushrooms simple. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww....these are darling mushrooms and i love how they have such a golden pizzaz to them!

    ReplyDelete